Monday, February 11, 2013

16 Ways To Not Blow My Marriage

So as you all know, I'm obsessed with Pinterest...and I found this gem there today and got to thinking about my own life and my own relationship.

And I realized that some of the things on here, my hubs and I are totally guilty of. Shame on us, and with the wonderful season of lent upon us...I think we will not only work on our relationship with God, but our relationship with eachother!

So in response to Dan's 16 ways be blew his marriage...here are 16 ways that I will try to avoid blowing mine.

1. Don't stop holding hands....ok, check this one we do and do often!

2. Don't stop trying to be attractive. I admit, with the cold and gross weather when I'm home I don't always get myself put together. But this is an easy one that I can fix!!

3. Don't always point out weaknesses. Hmmm, this will be a hard one since David's weakness of procrastination may be impeding our future.  But I guess I can try...

4. Don't stop cooking for eachother...ok, check.  We still do this one as well.

5. Don't yell at your spouse.  Hollering for another cookie from the couch is bad manners, ugh...even with a 50m2 apartment I totally find myself doing this. Having grown up with a younger brother, his job was to do all my dirty work while I lounged languidly (alliteration...yay me) on the couch. I guess I shouldn't make my poor hubs be the slave I made my bro be.  Ok, David, you're getting an upgrade. From now on, I will drag my sorry ass off the couch to get whatever I need**.

**Unless one of the dogs are sitting on my lap, it would be absolutely terrible to disrupt them!!

6. Don't call names. I must sound like a mah-jor bitch because I am constantly nagging on poor David....but I guess I will try to curb that.  But again, I can't help it if he's impossible to deal with sometimes.

7. Don't be stingy with money.  Ok, check...we already do that.  We have our budget and mostly stick to it.  So here we are good!

8. Don't argue in front of kids.  Our fur babies don't understand english, ok that's a lie....they totally do, but they don't mind if we argue. SO we're good here! And hopefully soon, when the stork finally decides to make it all the way to MONACO to drop off our baby, we will definitely NOT argue in front of her.  You hear that Mr. Stork...we will be the best, most amazing, most deserving parents ever.  So how's about you pay us a visit, ok??

9. Don't encourage one anther to skip working out. Check and check...this we totally do not do.  Normally we are trying to encourage one another TO work out.

10. Don't poop with the bathroom door open.  Ok, I'm not even going there...Done and DONE....

11. Don't stop kissing.  Check and check....we smooch everywhere we go. Restaurants, trains, planes, automobiles. HELLO I married a Brazilian, he's totally into the PDA thing!! YAY for moi!

12. Don't pressure one another.  Oh, you mean my expectations of David supporting me fully after having our baby is pressure?  Ok, sorry...I will stop doing that.

13. Don't stop having fun together. Not gonna lie, we're in a rut....it's pretty bad.  I mostly blame it on the weather.  Oh and the fact that we just took a 1 month vacay to the US and Brazil, so funds are pretty tight.  But I'm telling you, if we don't do "something fun" to get out of the house next weekend, I may commit suicide (please all of you serious ppl out there, this is a joke, I value my life WAyyyyyy too much to do something as silly as that). But yea, seriously, we need to do something fun and SOON!

14. Don't label eachother with negative labels.  Ah, that sounds easy enough, even if David is a lazy idiot.  I totally can handle this(again, joking ppl!!)!

15. Don't skip out on things that are important to him. Ok, I won't, wait....what's important to him that I might skip out on?? Hmm, dunno so I'm not going to worry about it!

16. Don't emotionally distance yourself after a fight.  Naw, not us....when we fight big we make up big.  No distance between us here :)

Now that I have my personal business all out there....how's ur relationship measure up to all these things?  Are there some things you should fix?  Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of my relationship.  Not that it's 100% perfect, there's always more work to be put in.  So why not start today?


No comments:

Post a Comment