Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No Buns in This Oven - YET!

Yay, guess what came in the mail today?  Our ovulation prediction kit!!

Remember how I mentioned we were trying to conceive??  Well it's been over 3 months now, and we're pulling out the big guns!

I'm currently reading "Eat, Love, Get Pregnant" by Niels Lauersen about changing our diet to prep for a baby, and to continue eating this awesome diet while preggo since it's the best nutrition for a developing baby. It's basically adding 5 or more of the following per day: walnuts, avocado, bluberries, raspberries, pomegranite, quinoa, brown rice, oranges, sweet potato, celery, ice cream (yes, you read that right)...the list goes on, but I'd hate to bore you!

In addition I ordered some ovulation predictor sticks, which basically measure your LH (Luteinising Hormone) levels, and during a spike is when you are ovulating. Giving us a 24-36 hour window to "do the deed" to try to make our little one.

We decided to take the month of Feb off, and start again in March since I was getting a bit worked up over the fact that it hadn't happend for us yet and to give our new diet a chance to start. But I plan on trying out the ovulation predictor strips to see if I'm even ovulating...which could be the reason for our lack of pregnancy yet.

I'm excited to have a plan in place and work the plan, and to soon become parents! baby dust!!


No comments:

Post a Comment