Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Carmen and Lucia

Want to see something cute??

These are my two fur babies: Lucia Louise (on the left) and Carmen Ohio (on the right).  They are my days, my nights, my happiness, my dreams...I sit and stare at them regularly.  Cuddle them as much as possible.  They bring great joy to my life and they (for the most part) are little angels who behave so well.  This picture is from a crowded train to Cannes and they are just relaxing in my lap.  I'm such a proud mommy.

Lucia Louise -
Breed: Chinese Crested
Age: born July 30, 2006 ( 6.5 years)
Loves: Sitting on your lap and looking into your eyes and pushing your hand to pet her.

Carmen Ohio -
Breed: Chihuahua
Age: born Nov 25, 2002 (10 years)
Loves: Getting scratches and cuddles in the morning, when she's melty

FAQ:
*Did you get them in France:
No I did not get them in France, they flew with us in our big move all the way from Miami. Carmen was born in Ohio and lived with me during college. Lucia was born in Miami, and she was my first child with my hubby.

*Do you leave them in Monaco when we travel:
Usually, no.  We love to bring them on all of our adventures.  They've been to: Cinqua Terra Italy, Provence, Cannes, Alba Italy, Tuscany and I'm sure a few other places that I'm forgetting.
We left them at home during our trips to Germany, because it was terrible weather and they couldn't go outside anyways. When we leave them behind in Monaco they stay with a friend whom they absolutely adore!

*How did you figure out the paperwork to get them into Monaco?
Our amazing vet in Miami did all of the leg work.  All I had to do was make sure they had all their shots, and picked up some paperwork from the USDA to bring with us.  Once we got to Monaco we found another great vet, and got them a European passport...this allows them to travel within the EU with no problems.  This was a simple process of a vet examination, and paying 15€ per dog.

*Do the dogs prefer Miami or Monaco?
During the winters, they much prefer Miami.  But the summers and dog-friendliness of Monaco makes up for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment