Monday, July 15, 2013

Drum Roll Please......






Wondering why I've been so quiet???  It's because WE'RE PREGNANT! We are so so excited...especially since it took Clomid, Estradoil, Progesterone, Acupuncture and yoga to make it work for us!

Here's a run down of everything:

12, June: First day of my period (we were in Venice!!)

30, June: According to my BBT(basal body temperature)...I ovulated

9, July (9 DPO): Hubby makes yummy steak with blue cheese and fig jelly for dinner and I just couldn't stomach it.  I ate 1/2 and pushed the plate to him to finish.  Hummm...that's weird, I love steak with blue cheese and fig jelly.  Maybe something is up.

10, July (10 DPO): 6AM take a home pregnancy test, fall back asleep 45 min later wake up and FAINTLY see two lines...."Holy Shit, David....we're pregnant" I say as he's fast asleep.  It takes him a minute to wake up and I show him the test.  He confirms seeing a second line.
BUT WAIT, It was after the 10 minutes, the results are invalid according to the directions. Merde...I start freaking out!
Immediately I google the test brand and get tons of bad comments about evaporation lines, and how they don't work properly.  So I'm excited, but not getting my hopes up too much since everyone seems to think they suck!
Have pretty bad cramps, feeling sick before dinner, tender nipples and constipation.

11, July (11 DPO): 6AM take another home pregnancy test, wait patiently and after 3 minutes I can clearly see a line.  OK ok, again don't want to get too excited about this since the reviewers said that that this test brand wasn't accurate.
Have the same symptoms as yesterday and throw in a little fatigue. Before lunch (at 11am) I go running for the bathroom thinking I'm going to be sick. Get all flushed, nearly vomit, then get red all over and a little itchy.  Strange?!?!

12, July (12 DPO): 7am take another home pregnancy test (PS. I got a pack of 20 of these on Amazon for like $10). It immediately shows a 2nd line again, and this time it's darker.  Ok, that's a good sign. Seems like the HCG in my body is increasing.
Decide that I need a second opinion, I must go buy another brand to test with for tomorrow.  Run to the pharmacy and purchase "une test de grossess".
Symptoms today include: cramps, nipple tenderness and constipation.

13, July (13 DPO): 7am, take the new brand of home pregnancy test(the pink test in the pic)....double line in 5 min. Ok...Now I'm pregnant!  Now we can celebrate!!
9am go for a 2 hour hike above Eze Village, and I can barely make it.  I'm huffing and puffing....what the f??  I normally run 2 times a week. Not that I run far, but I'm running and in decent shape.  We went hiking with a 65 year-old man, who was leaving me in the dust and I can normally keep up with him.  WOW!!

14, July (14 DPO): Time to break out the digital test!!  Within 6 minutes it confirmed that I am indeed "Enciente", approximately 2-3 weeks after conception! Yay! It's finally starting to settle in, we're PREGNANT!!
Again same symptoms cramping (mild today), exhausted and nipple tenderness.

15, July (TODAY): I had originally had a HSG scheduled for today, and on Thursday I went ahead and changed the appointment to my first pre-natal appointment!  Went in to see the doc, who immediately made me undress for an ultrasound.
He starts poking around and doesn't seem to see anything :( Oh no...I'm freaking out.  "When did you have your blood test to confirm your pregnancy?" he asked me.  Oh no, I haven't had one yet.  Sorry!
He proceeds to write me a prescription for the blood draw and makes me reschedule for 10 days later.
Ugh, MORE WAITING!!
Been doing some Google research and it seems quite normal to find nothing at 4 1/2 weeks. Trying to make myself feel better, trying to make myself not freak out!

So tomorrow, I'm off to the hospital for the first of my 2 beta HCG blood draws.  Basically, they measure my levels tomorrow and then again on Friday to see if they are properly increasing, which would indicate a healthy pregnancy.

Here's a pic of me from today....4 weeks, 5 days pregnant and no bump yet!

We're cautiously optimistic, and smiling from ear to ear...trying to not tell everyone since we know at this point there's around a 10% chance of miscarriage. Mom & Dad know, and a couple of other people....will tell more after our next doc visit!

Will keep you posted on my weekly progress, but I promise not to turn this into a pregnancy blog....I will do my best to keep up with our goings on in and around the Principality of Monaco!



No comments:

Post a Comment