Monday, July 29, 2013

Medieval Festival in Eze Village!

This Sunday I wanted to get out of Monaco, and forget about the baby that I lost, and the surgery and all of the other things...and just escape to a different time and place.  So what did I do?  Went to the Eze Village Medieval Festival (called Fête médiévale in French)!!

It was great, we left around 2:30pm and jumped on the motorcycle on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.  The sun was out and it was HOT! It's a beautiful short drive from Monaco to Eze, just 10 minutes.  Not to mention the breathtaking views from the drive. Funny enough it was the first time I had been to Eze to explore the village (the only other time I just came for dinner at the famed "Chevre d'Or" restaurant when mom & dad were paying!). I can't believe that I waited over a year & a half to make it to Eze!

Entering the festival you feel like you're going back in time.  From vendors selling costumes, to cheese, to swords & shields for kids. There were tents set up, and even a tavern to partake in some roasted pig and a beer! We had an excellent time exploring the village, and enjoying the medieval music and actors, and sights.

Here are some pics from our adventure!
Falconry

Guys in a tent...putting on their armor.

Strange bat-like costumed men

Stunning views!

Practice sword fighting!
At the entrance to the festival!



No comments:

Post a Comment