Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Missing Miami

So I'm not sure if it's the last few rainy, cold days we've had here in Monaco or what, but I'm massively missing Miami.

I'm missing my weekends at the beach.
I'm missing taking my morning run on the beach in the sweltering heat.
I'm missing all my amazing friends!
I'm missing getting into my car and having my sunglasses fog up because its so hot.
I'm missing my car.
I'm missing late night chatting at a restaurant or bar on Lincoln Road with my girls.
I'm missing my gorgeous industrial style, 1000 sq foot, sunny apartment on South Beach.
I'm missing my parents.
I'm EVEN missing my brother.

Since my birthday is quickly approaching, I think I'm getting sad not being able to celebrate my milestone with my best friends at "home".

I know the weekend in Milan will be amazing, and super fun...but it just doesn't feel like a celebration.  More of an escape, plus it's just sad to celebrate your birthday with just 1 other person, even if he's the most amazing man in the world. To me birthdays are meant to be shared with a super duper birthday cake, and giant yummy glass of wine (or 2) and a hearty delicious meal surrounded with people who are happy that you were born. It's funny here in Monaco, I think I can count on one hand people who I would invite to my birthday....which is most definitely the reason we decided to celebrate alone.  But it doesn't mean that it doesn't make me sad.

Sorry for the depressing post....I think between turning 30 & our struggles to get preggo I'm just having a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment