Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2013 Monaco GP

Tomorrow marks the start of the 2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco.

It's a weekend that I've only witnessed once before. And last year it was super crazy, sometimes annoying, and mostly just good fun. For the 2012 GP I had 2 visitors, who I'd like to think I showed a good time to...while trying to manage an event with 25 staff and over 500 visitors over 4 days.  It was exhausting, but at the end of the week it was all worth it.

This year will be a bit different...I don't have any visitors, and I don't have a 4 day huge event to manage. I am however helping a friend with a scaled down version (just 86 visitors for Sunday). But it still requires putting in a few hours, and going in blindly praying it's successful.

There are so many events happening, none of which I'm too keen to check out. Everything is too "party party" for me.  Honestly, if there was a chic, loungy beach environment for me to go and sip on a normal priced bottle of Rose I would so be there. But there doesn't seem to be anything that matches the venue, nor the prices that I am looking for.

Either way...it's shaping up to be a stressful, crazy, memorable, and hopefully fun 3-4 days. Cheers to the 2013 Monaco Grand Prix!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment